WIPO Japan Office
The WIPO Japan Office was established in Tokyo on September 1, 2006. During its first three years of operation, the Office focused almost exclusively on coordinating research projects with the United Nations University (UNU).
Recently, the Office has expanded the scope of its activities to support research, development, outreach and capacity building in coordination with WIPO’s Regional Bureau for Asia and the Pacific.
The Office also aims to provide Japanese-language information about WIPO, and promote the Organization’s services in Japan.
News & Events
- New version of the Madrid Goods & Services Manager (MGS) (May 14, 2013)
- The Republic of Kiribati Becomes The 186th Member Of WIPO (Apr 29, 2013)
- World Intellectual Property Day – April 26, 2013 (Apr 25, 2013)
- [Information: Madrid] Inadmissibility of Requests to Change an International Registration to Include a Standard Character Claim Where Such Claim Was Not Made in the Corresponding International Application (MADRID/2013/11) (Apr 25, 2013)
- World Intellectual Property Day - April 26 : Message from Director General Francis Gurry (Apr 23, 2013)