WIPO Expert Determination – Reduced Schedule of Fees and Costs for PCT Users
The Center believes that alternative dispute resolution should be cost effective. In consultation with parties and neutrals, the Center ensures that fees charged in a WIPO procedure are appropriate in light of the circumstances of the matter.
|Administration Fee||Expert’s Fees (*)|
|0.075% of the value of the expert determination, subject to a maximum of $7,500||$300-$600 per hour||$1,500-$3,500 per day|
(All amounts are in United States dollars) (*) Indicative rates
- The amount of the administration fee shall be 0.10% of the value of the expert determination, subject to a maximum administration fee of $10,000.
- The value of the expert determination is determined by the total value of the amounts claimed.
- Where the Request for Expert Determination does not indicate a monetary amount or where the matter referred to expert determination concerns issues that are not quantifiable in monetary amounts, an administration fee of $1,000 shall be payable, subject to adjustment. The adjustment shall be made by reference to the administration fee that the Center, after consultation with the parties and the Expert, determines in its discretion to be appropriate in the circumstances.
- The Center may set-off all or part of the administration fee paid to it in connection with a WIPO mediation or WIPO arbitration against the administration fee payable to the Center in connection with a WIPO expert determination regarding the same dispute.
- Prior to the appointment of the Expert, the Center shall fix an Expert’s hourly or daily fee rate, in consultation with the parties and the Expert. In so doing, the Center shall take into account any amount concerned, the complexity of the matter referred to expert determination, the Expert’s qualifications, any comparable rates for an expert in the relevant area of expertise, and any other relevant circumstances of the case.
- The Expert shall maintain a detailed and accurate record of the work done and the time spent on the expert determination, as well as of any expenses made in connection with the expert determination. Following the completion or the termination of the expert determination, a copy of such records shall be provided to the parties and the Center, together with the Expert’s invoice.
- Any monetary amounts expressed in currencies other than United States dollars shall, for the purposes of calculating the administration fee, be converted to amounts expressed in United States dollars on the basis of the official United Nations exchange rate prevailing on the date of submission of the Request for Expert Determination.
- These reduced fees apply if a party (or both parties) to the dispute is (are) named as applicant or inventor in a published PCT application.
Payment details information
1. Payments to the WIPO Center shall be made by any of the following means only:
i) Bank transfer
- Payments in US$: WIPO Account IBAN CH68 0483 5063 0397 8200 0, Credit Suisse, CH-1211 Geneva 70, Switzerland, Swift Code: CRESCHZZ80A
- Payments in Euro: WIPO Account IBAN CH33 0483 5048 7080 8200 3, Credit Suisse, CH-1211 Geneva 70, Switzerland, Swift Code: CRESCHZZ80A
- Payments in CHF: WIPO Account IBAN CH51 0483 5048 7080 8100 0, Credit Suisse, CH-1211 Geneva 70, Switzerland, Swift Code: CRESCHZZ80A
(When making the transfer, please indicate the purpose of the payment, including the case reference if available, and in cases subject to the WIPO Rules the names of the parties to the proceeding.)
World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
Arbitration and Mediation Center
34, chemin des Colombettes
1211 Geneva 20
(When mailing the check, please mention the paying party and the case reference.)
iii) Deduction from WIPO current account
2. Payments in cash will not be accepted.
3. All bank charges, transfer fees or other amounts that may be levied in connection with a payment made to the Center shall be the responsibility of the party making the payment.