International Patent Classification (IPC)
- The International Patent Classification (IPC), established by the Strasbourg Agreement 1971, provides for a hierarchical system of language independent symbols for the classification of patents and utility models according to the different areas of technology to which they pertain.
- WIPO launched on September 16, 2010, an on-line tool associated with the International Patent Classification (IPC) that will facilitate searches for patent information relating to so-called Environmentally Sound Technologies (ESTs) to help in identifying existing and emerging green technologies and potential partners for further R&D and commercial exploitation.
|GENERAL INFORMATION||RESOURCES FOR IPC COMMUNITY||IPC TOOLS|
- IPC Training Examples (2013.01) (Apr 12, 2013)
- Guide to the IPC (version 2013) and updated Guidelines for Revision of the IPC now available (Apr 9, 2013)
- IPC/WK/GE/13 (IPC Workshop - February 25 and 26, 2013): List of Participants and Summary now available (Apr 4, 2013)
- IPC/CE/45 (February 27 to March 1, 2013): document IPC/CE/45/2 (Report) and presentations available (Apr 4, 2013)
- IPC/WG/29 (May 13 to 17, 2013): Invitation and Draft Agenda now available (Mar 19, 2013)