The law of patents is a legal framework that establishes a patent system which supports and encourages technological innovation and promotes economic development. In a challenging environment, where patent law is under increasing public attention, WIPO provides a platform for member States and intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations to coordinate efforts in discussing international norms, and it addresses various issues relating to the international aspects of the patent system, including current and emerging issues of patent law.
News and Events
- SCP Agrees on Future Work Plan (March 1, 2013)
- WIPO Information Meeting on Intellectual Property Financing (Geneva, March 10, 2009)
- Conference on Intellectual Property and Public Policy Issues (CICG, July 13-14, 2009)
- Conference on Client Privilege in Intellectual Property Professional Advice (Geneva, May 22 to 23, 2008)
- Colloquia on Selected Patent Issues