About WIPO Re:Search
Members include some of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies, prestigious academic institutions and product development partnerships.
Improved global health through innovation that mobilizes intellectual property and the power of private and public sector collaborations.
BIO Ventures for Global Health (BVGH), our Partnership Hub Administrator, actively engages with members to facilitate research and development into neglected tropical diseases.
Its key activities are:
- Fielding requests: Members can contact BVGH about assets listed on the WIPO Re:Search database in which they are interested in learning more. BVGH also welcomes “special requests” for compounds, compound libraries, or other resources that are not listed in the WIPO Re:Search database.
- Connecting members: By leveraging its expert scientific knowledge, BVGH reviews the research and partnering interests of each of our members. Based on this it’s possible to identify and pursue potential collaboration opportunities, as well as find matches for IP needs.
- Recruiting new members: BVGH contacts potential new members based on their research programs. BVGH strives to recruit and engage research organizations from developing countries.
- WIPO acts as Secretariat for, and hosts, WIPO Re:Search.
- BVGH manages the Partnership Hub, proactively connecting potential users and licensees of WIPO Re:Search and creating research collaborations.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) provides WIPO with technical advice on research challenges and opportunities related to NTDs.
The Governance Committee, which comprises all WIPO Re:Search Members, meets annually or biennially. The Committee gives guidance on the general activities and operations of WIPO Re:Search, including its effectiveness at realizing stated aims.
The Advisory Committee provides input and strategic advice for the activities and operations of WIPO Re:Search.
The UN's 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development stresses the critical need to develop global partnerships in order to empower the world's most vulnerable.
WIPO Re:Search supports action in realizing the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
WIPO Re:Search facilitates access to IP, knowlege, collaboration opportunities, training and other resources, thereby supporting research and development for NTDs, TB and malaria.
Our Guiding Principles aim to ensure that all products developed through WIPO Re:Search partnerships will be accessible, royalty-free in all least-developed countries, and licensed in all other places taking into account the level of development of the country and the needs of the patient population.
Collaborating to mobilize the power of IP for global healthDownload